Most of my writings here will be about things I do online but not all. They will, however, all be computer related. I have a lot of adventures in attempting to improve my computer and it's performance.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The ultimate web browser search!

Ok I admit it, when I started this it was simple and it has since gotten out of control. A good friend of mine suggested that I start this blog with the idea that I might not be the only one doing this. So here it is. When I started this I went with the first browser I found, Google Chrome, I then discovered it was still in the beta test stage and thought "That MUST be why I'm having issues with this thing", b/c, more than not, that's true. I don't beta test software, maybe I'd have more luck with a better computer and income from it... Anyway, I was unhappy with it, but not to the point that I won't be willing to try it again once it's out of beta. Then a friend suggested I try Opera. I'd heard of it before so I immediately went to get it. That didn't last long either. I asked my friend why it was doing certain things and looked the way it did and he says "Cause it was designed to be used on cell phones" and I said "That explains a lot" so I uninstalled it. Next was this thing called Enigma... When I installed it I thought "Why does this look so familiar???" Then I found out why. It used to be internet explorer... *shudders* I LOATHE internet explorer! So I uninstalled Engima. Then someone suggested I use the Apple Safari. First of all... I'm a pc user, I won't even LOOK at anything else. If I can't install windows or Linux on it, I'm not interested. But I thought, what the hell, and installed it... That one lasted about 2 days. I should point out now that the reason I'm not going into much detail on these is b/c I've been at this for about 2 weeks now, I don't remember what all they were doing just that I wasn't happy with them. Further posts will include more detailed descriptions. I might even go back and reinstall the ones I didn't like to remind myself of why so it can be included. I think I'm done for my first post though. More to come later so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers